Bishop Jim Dorff has announced his intention to make the following pastoral appointments during the 2013 Rio Grande Annual Conference session.
John Feagins ... from Campus Ministries SA College/UTSA
... to Iglesia Metodista Unida La Trinidad, San Antonio, TX
Oswaldo Benitez ... from Oak Meadows/SWTXC, San Antonio, TX
... to Iglesia Metodista Unida Principe de Paz, San Antonio, TX
Alicia Campos ... from medical leave
... to Iglesia Metodista Unida Westlawn, San Antonio, TX
The Rio Grande Record wants to help you share the good news in your area. Send us stories and pictures that celebrate your people, your ministries, your communities. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Rio Grande Conference, Office of Connectional Ministries, ATTN: Rebecca O. Ortiz, 16400 Huebner Rd., San Antonio, TX 78248. If you have questions, call the Conference office at 210 408-4513.
Las esposas de los ministros de la conferencia Rió Grande ofrecen una beca escolar por semestre a esposas de ministros que se matriculen en una universidad, colegio o escuela vocacional. Se dará una beca de $ 150.00 por semestre. Se dará beca solamente cuando la persona se registre por tres (3 ) a nueve (9) horas por semestre. No se dará becas a esposas/os de ministros que tengan cargo pastorales.
Para una aplicación puede llamar a Susie Ponce a 972-335-0903, 214-315-3393
Correo electronico: email@example.com
The Believers Share What They Own
32 All the believers were agreed in heart and mind. They didn't claim that anything they had was their own. They shared everything they owned. 33 With great power the apostles continued their teaching. They gave witness that the Lord Jesus had risen from the dead. And they were greatly blessed by God.
34 There were no needy persons among them. From time to time, those who owned land or houses sold them. They brought the money from the sales. 35 They put it down at the apostles' feet. It was then given out to anyone who needed it.
36 Joseph was a Levite from Cyprus. The apostles called him Barnabas. The name Barnabas means Son of Help. 37 Barnabas sold a field he owned. He brought the money from the sale. He put it down at the apostles' feet.
· If you had a successful yard sale, what would you do with the profits?
· What possessions would you be willing to part with to help a friend in need?
· What attitude did the believers have toward one another? (4:32)
· What did some better-off Christians do from time to time? (4:34-35)
· How do the members of your church care for each other’s physical needs?
· In what ways can you help your Christian leaders meet practical needs of people in the community?
· What is one change you can make to improve your relationships with others in your church?
· What can you do to show Christian generosity to someone in need this week?
Bible Study edited by: Tracey Perez UMSM student intern
United Methodist Campus Ministry of the Rio Grande Valley
Source: Lesson Maker 8
Scripture retreived from: Biblegateway.com